"Walnut Creek Works” Open House
Aug 01, 2016 03:10PM
● By Jennifer Neys
“Walnut Creek Works” Open House
This year's theme is "Walnut Creek Works," and on Saturday, August 13, everyone is invited to come see how we work! Go behind the scenes at the Lesher Center, get up close and personal with giant street-sweeping machines, and get an insider's perspective of what happens on WCPD's Bomb Squad, and more! The free event takes place from 9:00 am to noon Saturday, August 13 at City Hall and the Lesher Center for the Arts.
North Main Street in front of City Hall will be closed to traffic to accommodate displays of street sweeping machines, dump trucks and other Public Works equipment.
The line-up of tours and activities includes:
- · Meet the Mayor at City Hall
- · Be in a commercial for Walnut Creek TV
- · See the high-tech Traffic Signal Master in action
- · Find out about major development projects
- · Sit on a WCPD motorcycle
- · Check out Public Works trucks
- · Take a self-guided backstage tour at the Lesher Center
- · Visit the Bedford Gallery
- · Art projects for kids
- · Free ice cream at the Lesher Center (while supplies last)
Be sure to fill out a City Showcase passport (available day of event in the City Hall lobby and in front of the Lesher Center) for a #WalnutCreekWorks water bottle (while supplies last).
Ample parking is available at the Locust Street garage, and the first hour is free!