Parkway Smiles In Focus
Jun 01, 2016 01:25PM
● By Becky Coburn
Oral Care Tips for Summer from your Family Dentist
Summer is finally here and we are all excited for some family fun! However, let’s not forget to maintain our oral health, which may be a struggle with busy schedules. Here are some tips from your family dentist to maintain or even improve your oral health management.
· Even if you stay home for most of the summer, be consistent with your oral care routine. Brush at least twice a day and don’t forget to floss!
· It may be time to replace your worn-out brushes for fresh ones. We recommend changing your brushes or brush heads at least once every 3 months. When the bristles fan out, they’re not doing their job.
Away from Home
· Being away from home can interrupt your oral care routine, but let’s not forget your health is important anywhere, all the time. Pack your toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, and rinse!
· More free time may mean more time to eat. Try choosing healthier options like fruits and vegetables, and stay away from packaged, sugar-filled, processed foods.
· Keep hydrated but stay away from those sugary drinks. Drink plenty of water.
· Try keeping a lip balm with SPF to protect your lips from the sun’s harmful rays. While moisturizing and hydrating your lips, you are also reducing your risk of developing cancer.
· It may be time for your dental check-up and cleaning. Note your next dental appointment on your calendars. Parkway Smiles Dental welcomes new patients. Give us a call to schedule an appointment.
Visit us at ParkwaySmilesDental.com for more information.