Solar Energy Seminar - Top 10 things to know before you install solar
Event tags: Green, Environment, energy, house, solar, power, electricity, home, ecology, sustainable
The financial investment to install a quality solar system is significant and the return on your investment might be impacted if Congress fails to extend the existing Federal income tax credit due to expire on December 31, 2016.
Now is the time to explore the viability of your own solar electricity system investment to take full advantage of the existing Federal and State incentives.
You will learn about the top 10 things you must know before you invest in a solar energy system for your home:
* How to calculate your potential energy cost savings for a residential solar electricity system
* Installation considerations, challenges and solutions
* Options available to finance the cost of your system installation
* Pros and cons of Purchase Financing versus Lease Financing
* What you need to know when you buy or sell a home with a financed or leased solar system
* Learn about the latest Federal and State incentives for residential solar electricity systems
o Federal 30% Investment Tax Credit is due to expire on 12-31-2016
o California "Net Energy Metering" policy
o The California Public Utilities Commission (PUC) recently issued new rules
* Learn about the most important features to compare for solar photovoltaic panels
* How to compare and select the right company to install and service your system
* What to make sure your solar installation company provides after your installation has been completed
* What you must know about service repairs, system maintenance and warranty service
* Rory Anderson, Solar Energy System Consultant with The Solar Company
* Michael Moore, LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) with Pacific Union
* Pete Sabine, Real Estate Consultant with Pacific Union
Enjoy hors d'oeuvres by award winning professional caterer Lesley Stiles
No charge - complimentary admission.
Presented by Contra Costa LivingVisit Event Website for More Info