Fresh Look: The Symphony Exposed
California Symphony presents an adult education program about orchestras and the music they perform.
NEW Adult Education Classes at Walnut Creek Library
What does the conductor do besides wave the baton? What is a clarinetist and where do they sit in the orchestra? Why do the violins sit half on the left and half on the right? (Except when they don’t..?)
Instructor Scott Fogelsong answers these questions and more in Fresh Look: The Symphony Exposed, a fun and stimulating journey through classical music. Offered in English and with live Spanish translation, this introductory course will unlock mysteries and insider secrets to enhance your enjoyment of all kinds of orchestra music.
• When: Saturdays July 14, 21, 28, and August 4, from 11:00AM to 12:30PM
• Where: Walnut Creek Library | Oak View Room, 1644 N Broadway, Walnut Creek, CA 94596
• Who should join: Anyone with an interest in learning more about classical music, ages 18 to 99 and beyond.
• Program cost: $25, which you then get back as a voucher towards your first purchase of any adult-priced California Symphony concert ticket in the 2018-19 season.
- Weekly on Saturday
- Jul 14, 2018 through Aug 04, 2018
- 11:00AM - 12:30PM