Sep 01, 2018 10:23AM ● Published by Supervisor Karen Mitchoff
Supervisor Karen Mitchoff
Summer Fun in District 4
By Karen Mitchoff
As summer draws to a close and kids head back to school, parks and recreation departments in District 4 are still offering many movie and concert series that ensure family fun!
Our city parks and recreation departments play an important role in fostering and supporting a sense of community by offering opportunities for the public to congregate. They offer affordable programs for people to exercise, enjoy nature, and participate in activities together with friends and family. There are programs for people of all ages and activities to do as a group as well as individually and independently. It’s a great way to meet people that share similar interests. The parks and recreation departments also keep the public engaged in events and issues that happen in your city. They also manage local public swim centers and senior centers and provide rental space for the public to hold events. All of our local parks and recreation departments provide quarterly brochures in print and online where the public can learn about all the programming they offer. Our parks and recreation departments provide an essential public service and enhance the quality of life for residents in our communities.
Fun upcoming events in District 4:
Walnut Creek brings you Movies Under the Stars:
· The Lion King: 7:30pm on Friday, September 7, at Tice Valley Park
· The Jungle Book: 7pm on Friday, September 28, at Civic Park
For further information, call (925) 943-5858 or visit WalnutCreekRec.org.
Pleasant Hill brings you two concert series:
· The Summer Concert Series is on the lawn at Pleasant Hill City Hall at 6 to 8pm on September 2.
· The Downtown concert series is in the plaza in front of Jack’s Restaurant & Bar at 6:30pm-8:30pm on September 6. Call (925) 671-5229 for more information.
Concord brings you music and movies.
· “Dark Side of the Moon Night”: 6 – 8:30pm on Thursday, October 4, at Todos Santos Plaza. House of Floyd performs Pink Floyd music to a laser light show, and there will be moon talks by special guests from the astronomy and science community as well as an interactive “Ask a scientist” village.
The Food Truck Cinema at Diablo Creek Golf Course will play movies and music.
There is a concert before each movie starts:
· The Princess Bride: 9pm on August 25
· Top Gun: 9pm on September 22
· Hocus Pocus: 10pm on October 26
Clayton brings you concerts and a movie. Saturday Concerts in the Grove take place at the Grove Park in downtown Clayton, 6 - 8:30pm, on September 1 and September 15.