Ruth Bancroft Garden Succulents
Oct 30, 2017 02:17PM ● Published by Elena Hutslar
It’s happened yet again - we blinked and the dog days of summer passed us by. With October now in the past, it seems like we are all on a crash course to Christmas. Before you know it you’ll be searching for the perfect gifts for those on your holiday list. Fortunately, The nursery at the Ruth Bancroft Garden features succulents and drought tolerant plants and is equipped with all you need to spread cheer. Succulents are versatile and hardy and can be used as stand-alone gifts or integrated into a bigger project. Below are 5 ideas for turning succulents into the perfect gift:
1) Succulent wreaths are fun and fairly simple to make. You can use cuttings or plants that have roots to create your own fun design.
2) Instead of filling a Christmas tin with cookies, fill it with dirt and plants! Don’t forget to poke a few small holes in the bottom of the tin to allow for proper drainage.
3) A box of chocolates is nice, but they quickly disappear and add calories to a season that’s already saturated with sweets. Put a spin on this classic gift by giving a box of succulent “candy.”
4) Is someone on your list an antique junkie? Most vintage finds can be converted into fun and quirky container pots and filled with succulents.
5) And there’s the classic gift of a succulent planted in a nice pot. This gift is great for those on your list who love plants but may not have the outdoor space to feature plants in the ground. If they do have the space, they can transplant it later on when the time is right.
Now that we’ve got your creative juices flowing, stop in to the nursery for even more gift ideas. Along with succulents, we also have a variety of fun garden gifts available for purchase. We’re open Tuesday – Sunday, from 10 am - 4 pm.