A Spin on DIY
May 01, 2017 08:37AM ● Published by Rebecca Seidenspinner
Avery's fairy garden includes a rabbit named Hopper and a squirrel named Beatrice.
Whimsical Fairy Gardens
A recent trend has sprouted up in the garden. I want to share with you the most magical outdoor play space my daughter and I created together. This creative little space is called a fairy garden that’s full of magic!
How to make a DIY fairy garden:
1. Pick a container and location to create this magical space.
2. Choose the fairy house structure (a fairy house can be made out of an old broken pot, teacup, or even a birdhouse). We chose a mushroom house.
3. Look around the house for tiny treasures to add to your fairy garden, and make a water source such as a pond.
4. Natural accents like plants, sticks, stones, moss or tree stumps make a great addition to your fairy garden and make it a natural habitat for forest critters that may take up residence there.
5. Add some twinkle lights or battery-powered candles to add a bit of sparkle in the evening.
6. Michael’s has an entire aisle dedicated to small, outdoor fairy gardens. It is spectacular. Don’t forget to bring your coupon. These tiny treasures can add up quickly.
This enchanted play space will encourage hours of make believe play. It is whimsical and wonderful. With a sprinkle of pixie dust (gold glitter), fairies are sure to fly in from all over the world. Here are a few photos of friends with their fabulous fairy gardens.