Contra Costa County Planning Commission
Jan 29, 2017 09:53PM
● By Supervisor Karen Mitchoff
Supervisor Karen Mitchoff
The County Planning Commission (CPC) consists of seven
members appointed by the Board of Supervisors. Each supervisor appoints one
member from their district, while the remaining two are at-large seats
appointed by the Board of Supervisors as a whole. The appointed commissioners
serve four-year terms, beginning July 1 and ending June 30.
Candidates are sought to fill a vacancy for District IV, which includes the cities of Concord, Clayton, Pleasant Hill, and part of Walnut Creek. Applicants must reside within the boundaries of District IV, be a registered voter, and not currently hold an elected office.
The Planning Commission is responsible for:
- Exercising all powers and duties prescribed by law, including consideration of matters referred to it by the Zoning Administrator, except those powers and duties specifically reserved or delegated to other divisions of the planning agency.
- Initiating preparation of general plans, specific plans, regulations, programs and legislation to implement the planning power of the county.
- Being generally responsible for advising the legislative body of matters relating to planning.
- Being the advisory agency as designated in Title 9 of this code for the purpose of passing on subdivisions.
- Hearing and deciding all applications or requests for proposed entitlements estimated to generate one hundred or more peak-hour trips, unless otherwise provided by this code or board order.
- Hearing and making recommendations regarding proposed development agreements when it is hearing the related project applications being processed concurrently with the development agreements.
Applications can be found at www.co.contra-costa.ca.us. For more information, contact Hiliana Li at (925) 674-7205. Mail or deliver applications to Contra Costa County, Clerk of the Board, 651 Pine Street, Room 106, Martinez, CA 94553.