Pleasant Hill's 46th Annual Community Awards
Dec 28, 2016 12:55PM ● Published by Jennifer Neys
46th Annual Community Awards coming in February
The 46th Annual Community Awards Night is February 21 at the Pleasant Hill Community Center on Civic Drive. The event includes awards for Citizen of the Year, Business of the Year, Teen of the Year, Teacher of the Year, Mayor’s Award, several Green Awards, and others.
If you would like to nominate a teacher, business, resident or organization for any of these awards, please complete the nomination form on the city’s website at www.pleasanthillca.org/awards. All nominations are due no later than Thursday, January 26.
The nomination criteria are as follows:
- Citizen of the Year Nominees must be at least a 5-year resident of Pleasant Hill and have made significant contributions toward improving our community.
- Business of the Year Candidates must be in business for at least three years in Pleasant Hill and current member in good standing of the Chamber of Commerce.
- Educator of the Year Nominees must be a teacher in Pleasant Hill for at least three years.
- Teen of the Year Candidates must either live or go to school in Pleasant Hill and have a track record of volunteering in the community.
- Green Business Award This award recognizes a company that has shown outstanding leadership in minimizing impact on the environment and creating a sustainable future through conservation and waste reduction.
- Green Community Award This Award recognizes an individual or organization that has shown outstanding leadership in sustainability through education and activism in Pleasant Hill.
For more information about the event or nominations, please email email@example.com or call (925) 671-5229. Tickets for Community Awards Night are available through the Chamber of Commerce by calling 687-0700 or going online at www.pleasanthillchamber.com.