Parkway Smiles Dental in Focus
Photo caption: The Parkway Smiles staff from L to R: Francesca J.Robles (Treatment Coordinator), Dr. Janet Concepcion-Manalo, Hazel Panaligan (Hygienist), and Jennifer Guzman (Dental Assistant).
‘Tis the season for caring and sharing, but don’t forget about caring for your teeth and sharing your beautiful smiles!
The holidays are a wonderful time to express our love and appreciation to friends and families, but we should pay no less attention to our oral health. With busy schedules, especially with holidays around the corner, we could all use some tips, reminders, and resolutions to improve oral health!
· Make Flossing a Habit The recommended dental home regimen is to brush twice and floss once daily. Brushing alone is not enough to prevent plaque buildup or remove food debris from your mouth. If you’re experiencing bleeding when flossing, remember that regular flossing can reduce bleeding in gums.
· The Sugar Culprit Plaque + Sugar = Acid; Acid + Tooth = Decay. Symptoms such as toothache may be a late response to decay and must be addressed before it’s too late. By cutting back on sugary foods, you are improving your oral health by limiting the cause of decay.
· Nutrition for the Mouth In addition to cutting back on sugary foods, you can improve your oral health by focusing on what the mouth needs. Dairy products, fruits, green leafy vegetables, and seafood contain vitamins and minerals that help nourish the mouth. Calcium, Vitamins A, C, D, K, potassium, and phosphorus, for example, are known to help support and strengthen teeth and gums.
· Smoking Hazards According to the CDC, smoking weakens the body’s infection fighters, making it harder to fight off gum infection. Compared to a non-smoker, a smoker has twice the risk for gum disease. Make some changes this season by adding good habits and removing bad ones.
· Brush, Floss, Rinse and Regular Dental Visits Make sure your next check-up is on the calendar. We always welcome new patients. One tip for keeping on top of dental care is to schedule your next appointment before you leave the office. Call us at 925-229-8890.
1029 Arnold Dr #9, Martinez, www.parkwaysmilesdental.com