Lafayette Art & Wine Festival
Aug 29, 2016 01:50PM ● Published by Elena Hutslar
Top 7 Reasons the Award-Winning Lafayette Art & Wine Festival is So Popular
Lafayette Art & Wine Festival, scheduled for September 17, 10am-7pm, and September 18, 10am-6pm, is big time fun with a small town feel. Here are the top 7 reasons this festival, now in its 21st year, remains so popular:
1. Location: Beautiful downtown Lafayette, steps from BART, near bike trails (valet bike parking provided), 2 blocks off Hwy 24, and an easy walk/shuttle from free festival parking.
2. Continuous Music & Dancing - no cover charge: Features Bay Area's best headliner cover bands, including The Spazmatics, Evolution, SuperHuey, Life in the Fast Lane, Other People's Money, Queens & Thieves, Zebop!, Extra Large, East Bay Mudd, Lumberyard, Savannah Blu, Long Train Runnin’, and Bay Bridge Beat.
3. Unique Wine & Beer Offerings: Popular wines, beers and ales are served throughout. Look for high-end wines and unique craft beers in the Premium Wine & Craft Beer Pavilion.
4. Food: Choices everywhere, including festival food and Lafayette's restaurant row favorites.
5. Original Fine Arts & Crafts: 260+ local and regional artists' booths, including the "Local Artists Alley," which showcases Lafayette, Moraga, and Orinda fine artists.
6. Family + Dog Friendly: People move to Lafayette for the family-friendly lifestyle, so it's no surprise that this is a family-friendly festival, starting with a large KidZone, Kids' Stage, and water bowls for the family dog.
7. Budget Friendly: Festival proceeds support Lafayette Chamber's community programs, Lafayette Partners in Education (LPIE), and other local non-profits, but much of the festival experience is free, including music, parking, and bike valet.
Sponsors include Sungevity, Xfinity, BMW of Concord, Yelp, and Mechanics Bank. See www.lafayettefestival.com for full list.