Pleasant Hill Community Service Day
Aug 27, 2016 05:17PM ● Published by Becky Coburn
Last year more than 1,000 volunteers worked on dozens of projects throughout the city. Over the past eleven years, we as a community have donated over 40,000 volunteer hours to improve the place we call home. Together we have:
· Cleaned up neighborhoods, schools, parks, creeks and churches
· Planted scores of beautiful trees
· Repaired over 1,000 bicycles for donation to children
· Donated blood to save dozens of lives
· Collected over 10 tons of food for the Food Bank of Contra Costa & Solano
· Helped children and seniors in need
The 12th annual Community Service Day will be held on Saturday, September 24, and begins at Pleasant Hill Park, with registration and breakfast from 7:30am to 9am. There will be over 20 projects at school sites, parks, Ellinwood Creek, and others to choose from. All volunteers receive a free pancake breakfast (served by the Lions Club), and the first 600 to register at the park receive a free event T-Shirt, plus snacks and drinks to take to the project sites.
To register your project or to sign up to volunteer, visit www.ci.pleasant-hill.ca.us/index.aspx?NID=514. For more information, contact Martin Nelis at (925) 671-5229 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.